Last updated by Tim Knuck on Tue, 06/30/2020 - 12:06pm
About the InternshipDuties:
Help children suffering from trauma, abuse, or neglect:
- Ensure that all children are treated with dignity and respect while at Childhelp
- Coordinate with Childhelp Victim Advocate to ensure holistic care for families receiving services
- Assist volunteers in maintaining a neat and organized play environment by performing light cleaning duties and assisting with tidying the toys
- Prepare meals for children visiting the Center
- Assist with toy, clothing, and backpack donations that are provided to children who visit the Center
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the Center’s partner agencies, including the Phoenix Police Department, Child Protective Services, Office of Child Welfare Investigation and Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Child advocate serves children ages 0-18, who are seen at the child advocacy center for trauma, abuse or neglect.
The Childhelp's Advocacy Center is dedicated to helping local communities respond to allegations of child abuse in ways that are effective and efficient – and put the needs of child victims first. A children’s advocacy center is a child-focused, facility-based program in which representatives from many disciplines, including law enforcement, child protection, prosecution, mental health, medical and victim advocacy, child advocacy, work together to conduct interviews and make team decisions about investigation, treatment, management and prosecution of child abuse cases.
This position is designed to provide direct support to children affected by child abuse. The Child Advocate interacts with and supervises children from birth to 18 while they are in the advocacy center Playroom. The Child Advocate will also serve as a liaison between professionals and the families or caretakers of the children.