Last updated by Tim Knuck on Tue, 06/30/2020 - 11:59am
About the InternshipDuties:
Support daily activities throughout the club, including Power Hour - the club's designated homework time, by working with professional staff in the Games Room, Education Learning Center, Computer Lab, Art Room and/or the Gym.
Specific tasks include:
- Assisting younger members with homework.
- Tutoring small groups of members in reading and/or math.
- Engaging in social recreation activities (play games).
- Assisting with sports leagues, programs and clinics.
You will interview with Donna Martin, Volunteer Services Manager, and she will assist you in finding the club that will best meet your needs.
Youth members ages 5-12 years in underserved neighborhoods. This opportunity is currently available at four BGCMP branch locations - 3 in Phoenix, 1 in Glendale.
- 80% represent minority groups
- 54% identify as Latino
- 60% live in households headed by a single parent or guardian
- 55% Male
- 45% Female
Kids and teens need a safe place to go after-school, and opportunities to grow and develop to their fullest potential. This is especially true in the under-served neighborhoods that are home to BGCMP clubs.
BGCMP provides quality structured, comprehensive development programs for youths ages 5-18 under the supervision of a caring, professional staff in a nurturing after-school environment in 13 locations.
- 20,986 Youth served last year.
- 7,036 Youth Club Members
- 3,038 Teen Club Members
- 276,746 Free, hot & healthy meals served in BGCMP clubs last year.