Last updated by Caitlin Gaspar on Mon, 04/16/2018 - 12:09pm
School Connect helps support school districts by connecting business, faith, nonprofit and community partners to build sustainable relationships to support education through community involvement.
About the InternshipDuties:
It takes a village. Be a part of that village! Join us in our quest to connect every single school with incredible community partners – parents/businesses/churches/community groups. By connecting our schools with the right partners we can change the world! Join our efforts in asset mapping our community to bring together partners that can work together to accomplish great things! Placements are available for a total of 70-100 hours. ASU interns will be a part of valuable and significant projects such as:
- C.A.F.E. Meetings – planning and coordination of the quarterly meeting of community, family and school-specific supporters
- Love Our Schools Day - helping to plan and coordinate a one day service event in local schools
- WESD Business Advisory Team – planning and preparing a meeting of 250+ business/faith/community/civic leaders that support the WESD
- School Connect Summit – planning, attending, preparing for a meeting of 100 business leaders + 100 education leaders + 100 faith leaders from throughout Arizona who are focused on building positive partnerships
- Washington Elementary School District Community Food Drive – coordinating efforts for all schools and community partners, possible media involvement
Title I schools through out Maricopa County.
Interns will work with key stakeholders to support the needs of students, teachers, staff, parents, and the community
Interns have the opportunity to plan, promote, coordinate and run important community meetings with multiple stakeholder groups. There are several big events involving community and family engagement, such as:
- School Connect Summit (a half day event bringing together important faith, education and business leaders to develop sustainable partnerships)
- Love Our Schools Day (last year this one day event incuded 50 different churches, serving 265 schools in 30 school districts)
- C.AF.E. (Community and Family Engagement) meetings which brings together schools with their surrounding community partners
- Business Community Gathering (quarterly meetings bringing together educational speakers and showcasing innovative partnership)
- Community Food Drive (bringing together 50+ organizations to collect food, the last two years this food drive has been the second largest food collection in AZ).
All of these events have incredible impact for the community and are wonderful philanthropies to add to your resume!