Last updated by Tim Knuck on Tue, 06/30/2020 - 12:03pm
Enhancing the experiences of life for people of all ages by managing Life Enrichment centers, a child development center and providing home services to the elderly
About the InternshipDuties:
Help make life easier and more enriching for homebound elderly. Assist with small household tasks, grocery shop, run errands, provide a ride to a doctor's appointment or provide in-home assessment to determine needed services. Choose the position that best suits your interests and skillsets. Positions allow you to choose your base location.
- All volunteers are required to sign an Oath of Confidentialilty and a Code of Ethics as well as attend an orientation and training prior to beginning service.
- Orientations are hosted twice per month, but may be done one-on-one if needed so as not to delay start of service.
- Southwest valley: Home Services Training is required and completed on the same day of your orientation.
- Northwest valley: Home Services Training is required and can be completed at a time scheduled that is most convenient for both the volunteer and the Supervisor.
HOME SERVICES / ERRANDS
Make visits to assigned homebound seniors in the community for requested errands or tasks, such as grocery shop, run small errands like prescription pick-up, assist with basic computer operation, light handy-man duties (e.g., replacing light bulbs or an air filter), transport clients to and from appointments and other necessary locations (in your own vehicle--see note below). Must have a valid drivers license and proof of insurance & your own vehicle to make trips.
Automobile Coverage for Personal Use of Volunteer Autos
- In the state of Arizona, automobile coverage follows the vehicle. This means that the personal insurance on the vehicle is primary, and Benevilla’s non-owned auto excess coverage is secondary. The volunteer is included as an insured on this coverage so that they are protected personally if their own personal liability limits are not adequate and they are held responsible for the accident. No coverage is provided for physical damage for the volunteer’s auto. The vehicle owner’s physical coverage would apply.
- Volunteers will not be reimbursed for mileage.
- If you select this internship for your service placement, please include a statement at the end of the Service Internship Description section of your Internship Selection Form (ISF) that acknowledges the above 2 items.
Provide in-home assessment to determine clients' true needs and assist in developing a plan to ensure that they are receiving all resources necessary and available to them through Benevilla. Prepare and execute Service Plan and provide follow-up support to enable clients to remain in their home for as long as possible. Shadowing and training to commence after Orientation has been completed. On-going in-service training & attendance at care review meetng as requested. Must demonstrate good communication, interviewing and assessment skills. Must have a valid drivers license and proof of insurance & your own vehicle to make trips.
Homebound seniors and disabled adults in the northwest, (Surprise, Sun Cities, Peoria, El Mirage and Youngtown), and southwest (Avondale, Tolleson, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Buckeye), valley areas. Serve the community area closest to you.
Many of our clients are homebound for different reasons such as recent surgery, disability, or illness and are in need of our home services programs in order to return to self sufficiency and a level of independence. Individuals within the community struggle with hunger and other issues due to being homebound and unable to afford to order groceries or errands from other services. Elderly and disabled adults enroll with Benevilla because they are in need of assisted living to accomplish tasks necessary in everyday life.
Benevilla is an intergenerational life enrichment program and our goal is to make the lives of the elderly and the disabled fuller, richer, and happier. We are looking for caring volunteers who want to give back to their community.