Last updated by Tim Knuck on Tue, 06/30/2020 - 12:02pm
Parenting Arizona promotes strong families and improves the lives of children by empowering parents to thrive.
About the InternshipDuties:
Help with parent education in support of services provided to underserved families throughout Maricopa County.
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER / PARENT EDUCATION:
Provide community based parental support and education classes to at risk parents and caregivers using Nurturing Parenting curricula and tools at the 7th St. location or serve at the Family Resource Center (Guadalupe): You will work with your parent education mentor/supervisor as to where you will serve. This is very flexible.
- Direct interaction with parents at Resource Center
- Provide incoming parents with community resources
- Parent/Child interactive workshops
- Parent/Child parenting classes
DONOR RELATIONS COORDINATOR:
Introduce Parenting Arizona to potential donors, cultivate and steward a prospective donor group to find 3-5 donors, securing monetary resources and soliciting in-kind donations that can help Parenting Arizona continue to provide as many FREE services as possible.
- Help research a specified donor group, help integrate that donor group into our Donor Relations Program through phone calls, emails, setting up meetings and hosting prospective donors
- Help engage current donors through weekly thank you calls and hosting at our site
- Interview selected donor group members to better understand donor characteristics
- Research new prospective donor group opportunities
- Consistently update Donor Relations Manager and Executive Director on specified donor groups behaviors, giving opportunities, expectations and ultimately their contributions
Parenting Arizona provides community based parent education services throughout Maricopa County in cities such as Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Glendale, and Phoenix. The families we service range from low to moderate incomes.
Parent education services are limited in Maricopa County. Parenting Arizona provides free parent education services that include but aren't limited to: school readiness, promoting literacy, child development, and child health & community resources. These services provided through evidence-based curriculums such as Nurturing Parent, Triple P, and Parents as Teacher help parents have better interactions with their children.
The Town of Guadalupe has teamed up with CPLC Parenting Arizona and its funding partner AZ FTF to put together a community resource center in El Mercado, Guadalupe, AZ that will provide parenting workshops & classes, parenting resources & referrals, food boxes and children books to build home libraries and have children 0-5 become ready to attend kindergarten.
The services and resources provided to at-risk families by CPLC truly make a difference in the lives of children,helping families thrive through helping parents foster positive relationships and access community resources.