Last updated by Tim Knuck on Tue, 06/30/2020 - 12:05pm
About the InternshipDuties:
Help develop and implement a service learning program for K-6th graders at the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community. You will work with Club staff and leadershiip as part of the Lehi Branch's Youth Strategic Plan. During the first phase of the internship, you will identify and schedule service learning opportunities within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community. During the second phase of the internship, you will implement the identified service learning opportunities with various SRPMIC community partners.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Discuss service-learning opportunities with Branch Supervisor and Education Coordinator to achieve instructional efforts.
- Plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids for service-learning lessons.
- Assist members, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Create and plan weekly and monthly schedules for service-learning projects and lessons.
- Confer with staff on progress of members.
Kindgergarten through 6th grade members of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community and the surrounding cities of Mesa and Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community has seen an increasing rise in gang and criminal activity. To encourage SRPMIC youth to maintain a positive self-identity and to remain committed to their community, the Branch would like to establish a comprehensive service-learning program.
Interns will make a positive impact by not only providing our youth with an opportunity to give back to their community, but will also assist the Branch in strengthening and renewing existing partnerships with SRPMIC entities. Interns will also aid the branch in offering our youth long lasting "mentoring" relationships that will hopefully result in a positive collective self-identity as strong native youth who are willing to give back to their community.