Last updated by Adelina Zottola on Tue, 12/03/2019 - 1:53pm
About the InternshipDuties:
This is an internship opportunity to coach and mentor high school students who have the potential of becoming the first person in their families to attend college.
TRIO Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federal college preparation program developed to provide academic and support services for High School students who are first-generation and/or low-income.
Educational Talent Search is seeking student interns with strong verbal communication and leadership skills to support the goal of the program and its events.
• Support program activities at the partnering high schools.
• Lead one on one or small group discussions with program participants.
• Brief presentation to small or large audiences about Educational Talent Search and benefits of participating.
• Provide excellent customer service and establish a welcoming environment for current and potential program participants.
• Document student interactions and organize student data.
• Attend mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
• Interns can expect most of their shifts to be on location at one of the participating high school campuses.
• Additional duties as assigned
Arizona State University and the Tolleson Union High School District have partnered to offer the ASU TRIO Talent Search program to Tolleson students and families. The program will provide academic support, university exposure and the tools and resources to empower 9-12th grade students to graduate high school ready to enroll and succeed in college.
TRIO Talent Search is a federal pre-college program developed to provide academic and support services for first-generation and/or low-income students interested in seeking higher education with the goal of earning a college degree. Enrollment in the program offers unique and enriching academic, social, cultural and college preparation activities.
The program will provide academic support, university exposure and the tools and resources to empower 9-12th grade students to graduate high school ready to enroll and succeed in college. Interns will have the unique opportunity to directly impact TRIO Talent Search high school participants who are first generation and assist in their college readiness journey. The primary community served are high school students in the Tolleson Union High School District.
USL interns will have the unique opportunity to work directly with high school students and share from their experience as current college students. Having the opportunity to interact with a current college student has a meaningful impact for TRIO Talent Search students who will then have the opportunity to ask questions and feel inspired to continue working hard towards their college aspirations.