Paid positions that makes a difference!
MUST BE FEDERAL WORK-STUDY (FWS) ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
- Positions start at $15.25/hour, with opportunities for promotion
- Both graduate and undergraduate students are eligible
- No experience necessary — training provided
- Transportation from Tempe campus available
- Afternoon shifts available, Mon-Thu
- Morning shifts available during summer
- See How to apply
America Reads is a national program initiated in 1996 by President Clinton with the goal of ensuring that all children can read independently by the end of third grade. The ASU America Reads Program offers tutoring and mentoring programs staffed by paid students (through Federal work-study), as well as Educational Studies Internships. America Reads tutors work with children one-on-one at partner community centers and schools.
The term “at-risk” describes children who live in low-income areas and are more likely to drop out of high school. Tutors work with children in grades K-8 and create fun, hands-on activities that meet the academic needs of the individual child and assist with homework, reading, and math.