USL Courses connect ASU students with the community.
Whatever your interests, major, or level (freshman through graduate students), University Service-Learning offers an internship experience tailored for you. Give your resume a boost as you engage in vital community service. You choose the type of service and setting, even study abroad! Service opportunities include:
- Advocating for working-poor families
- Tutoring and mentoring children
- Assisting with hospice care
- Serving at a homeless shelter
- PR/Fundraising for a non-profit
- Addressing environmental issues
The above are just a few examples - many varied opportunities available!
Learn about your community, the importance of civic engagement, and effects of social injustice on society through coursework focused on community service experiences at a pre-approved site. Offered every Fall, Spring & 8-week Summer session.
Why enroll in a USL course?
- Fulfill community service hours required by some programs and scholarships
- Gain a competitive edge with employers and graduate and professional schools
- Acquire "real-world" experience, professional, and leadership skills applicable to any career
- Perform service that directly impacts a person or community in need