Choose from over 100 community partners!
Do not contact Community Partners or apply to service internships prior to receiving these emailed instructions.
Browse through the list of currently approved service internships*:
- Internships List for USL 210 & 410 (contains all approved internships)
- Internships List for USL 216 & USL 402 (contains only Education-related internships)
Don’t see the Title I school or nonprofit organization you are interested in?
You may submit a request to add a new community partner by sending the name and address of the organization along with the main contact’s information (name, title, phone number, and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can help to expedite the process by asking a representative from the school or organization to review the details on our Community Partners page to confirm they are eligible. This process should be initiated as far in advance of the upcoming semester as possible because it will take a few weeks to finalize.
Examples of service tasks/projects
Local Title I schools
- Work with classroom teachers to create and teach lessons to children
- Tutor academically at-risk children
- Provide in-class assistance for children
- Lead children in physical fitness, music,or arts activities
- Create and implement afterschool club programming
- Mentor children, including raising their expectation of attending college
- Lead children in service projects
- Lead direct service projects (e.g. food drives, recycling)
- Provide direct service (e.g. assist at a health clinic, teach classes at a senior center, serve food at a homeless shelter, or work with therapy animals)
- Fundraising, PR, Marketing, Graphic Design, Videography
- Organizing and recruiting volunteers
- Assist in planning and executing outreach events
- Promote free arts programs in low income communities
Design (all types)